Worldwide many people use natural methods to cure diseases or simply diseases of any kind, in this way, the popularity of medicinal plants can be seen everywhere.
There are hundreds of plants currently known for their great medicinal uses, so one of the most popular in that long list, is the famous plant called “Moringa” , therefore, in the following article will explain everything that characterizes it .
What is it for and what is Moringa?
Moringa is understood as a tree that is born in many types of soils, without caring much about its conditions.Its scientific name is “Moringa Oleifera” , it is native to countries such as India, Ethiopia, countries of Asia and Africa , this plant is fast growing, in addition it usually blooms seven months after its plantation where its flowering can be from white until cream.
It is indicated to emphasize that it has become cultivated in America, especially because it has a great property of resistance with climates and can be found in many areas, especially in tropical climates.
The popularity of the moringa tree has grown noticeably through the last years, specifically by the number of studies that have been given to this plant, giving to shine the numbers beneficial properties for the health that it has.
Description of the Moringa plant
It is a tree that can reach about 3 meters in its first year to reach 5 meters if you have optimal conditions for growth, plus it is a deciduous tree, that is, it loses all its foliage at a time of year.
It can also be understood that the tree can reach 10 or 12 meters in height in its adult age, adding that it has suspended branches, which are brittle and has a suberose bark.Its leaves are normally light green, which are leaves composed of about 30 to 60 cm long and at the same time with a large number of small leaflets of about 1.3 to 2 cm long by 0.6 to 0 , 3 cm wide.
What is Moringa tea for?
Moringa leaves are known for their high amounts of property, as well as the seeds of the same plant, are used to benefit the human body, then tea is one of the many ways these leaves are used.
Moringa tea is simply a grouping of the leaves of that plant, where they have to be dried at a natural temperature to be crushed and turned into tea bags as they can be found in the supermarket.This tea is popularly known for having the property that helps cellular damage, since it contains a large number of antioxidants.The leaves of the moringa also have a large amount of vitamin C and flavonoids, where its importance is reflected by helping with diseases such as cancer or tumors in any part of the body, also helps strengthen the immune system.
Then it will be understood that the benefits of drinking moringa tea are quite broad , however, some of these benefits are the following:
- Moringa tea has the characteristic of being able to restore and improve the metabolic processes of the body, therefore, You can understand that it helps the kidneys and the liver .
- It has the ability to balance the digestive functioning of the organism, that is, it helps to avoid intestinal disorders and all the symptoms that can be seen associated with them.
- It diminishes the inflammatory processes of the body specifically those related to the osseous-muscular apparatus, as well as arthritis and osteoarthritis, adding many more.
- Widely benefits the circulation, which evidently guarantees good cardiovascular health.
- Helps with the formation of collagen, which is an important substance to keep the skin healthy and healthy or in good condition.
- By having a large amount of vitamin C causes the consumption of this plant can often promote the healing of skin lesions and skin wounds.
- It fortifies the vision and the mechanisms related to the brain, therefore, it will be understood that your daily consumption can be very beneficial.
Is moringa used to lose weight?
It will be understood that there are many products based on moringa, as it is a plant with a large number of properties, it is considered one of the most diverse plants in terms of its usefulness, therefore, it can also be reflected to lose weight.
One of the most popular products that are currently on the market are moringa capsules, which allow to reduce the number of calories consumed within the daily diet, thereby not affect the levels of intake of other nutrients consumed by the food. Moringa has a property that accelerates the metabolism, which is called glucosinolates, where at the same time it is transformed into isothiocyanates during its digestion and it is this which accelerates the metabolism of the body.The moringa tree has vitamins of group B, which in digestion, help to process food into energy without storing fat, thus causing weight loss.The moringa capsules come in presentations of a daily table, it will also be understood that there are many presentations of this plant and one previously mentioned, is the moringa powder, however, in this case it can be consumed in juice, a daily spoon to lower of weight.
Diseases that moringa can cure
The moringa plant has a huge amount of properties that work in many aspects of the body, therefore, currently known to cure or prevent a large number of diseases.Some of these diseases can be very dangerous and are known worldwide to have a high rate of people suffering them, so the consumption of this plant can be vital to maintaining the health of the body.
In countries like India, where Moringa is native, all its parts are used up to the roots, which are also managed to create products that help with more than three hundred diseases.
Moringa can help cure and prevent diseases such as the following on the list:
- Hypertension .
- Problems that are related to the skin or eyes.
- Heart diseases.
It can also help with aging and menopause in older women, plus it will be understood that being beneficial to weight loss, then it will also be with digestive problems.
Nutritional properties of raw moringa leaves
For every 100 grams of moringa leaves, it can be concluded that you will have a nutrient table, which will be understood as follows.
- It will have a carbohydrate value of 8.28 g while it will have a dietary fiber of 2 g, fat 1.40 g and protein 9.40 g, at the same time it has a large amount of water , which is quite beneficial, reaching a total of 78.66 g.
- As mentioned above, it has a large amount of vitamins of group B and then you can understand what they are, then following the properties of this plant.
- You can find the existence of Retinol (vit A), Thiamin (vit B1) 0.257 mg, Riboflavin (vit B2) 0.660 mg and Niacin (vit B3) 2.220 mg while at the same time Vitamin B6 is present 1,200 mg and Vitamin C 51.7 mg.
- Calcium is also present with 185 mg, Magnesium 147 mg, Phosphorus 112 mg, Iron 4 mg, Potassium 337 mg and Sodium 9 mg including Zinc last 0.60 mg.
Properties of moringa that other foods possess
There are many foods that have beneficial nutrients for human health, however, they have a very specific amount, therefore, it can be understood that moringa has a large set of properties of other foods .
The raw and dried leaves of this plant have, 9 times the protein of yogurt, about 15 times the potassium of the bananas, 10 times the vitamin A that the carrots have, 17 times the calcium of the milk and 12 times the vitamin C of the oranges, adding last 25 times the iron of the famous spinach.