When sunbathing it is necessary to take into account that its rays have several beneficial effects for our health but also harmful for it, so we must expose ourselves to it responsibly and without abuse .
The benefits of the sun are : feeling of warmth and well-being, antidepressant action and vitamin D synthesis.
The sun’s damages are : burns, spots, photo-aging and skin cancer .
To avoid these damages of the sun and enjoy only its benefits, the expert points us a very practical decalogue for the correct protection of the skin under the sun, before, during and after the exhibition:
10 tips for sun-protected skin
1. Apply sunscreen before leaving home. The sunscreen will help filter the ultraviolet A and B radiations, which are harmful to the skin. It will also help us achieve a progressive tan and avoid short-term complications, such as burns, and also long-term consequences, such as photoaging or even skin cancer . Doctors advice a sun protection factor of 30 or higher. In addition, the new protective factors provide vitamins to fight free radicals and hyaluronic acid to hydrate.
2. Sunscreen should be applied every two hours.It is necessary to apply an adequate amount distributed evenly throughout the body half an hour before leaving home and then repeat the application every two hours.
3. Complement sun protection with hats, glasses, Dresses . Currently, on the market there are even shirts with built-in protection factor. Thanks to these accessories, besides protecting ourselves, we will bring a fun and unique touch to sun protection.
4. Nutricosmetics are also a help. To protect the skin before sun exposure, we recommend nutricosmetics with components that activate our natural defenses against the sun and that also contain vitamins C, E and D and antioxidants. These will protect our skin against the sun while increasing our ability to expose ourselves to the sun.
5. If we are on the beach or in the pool, we must take into account that the protector used is water resistant, since it is important to go refreshing every half hour. This way we make sure that our skin is protected at all times.
6. You have to sunbathe at appropriate times. The doctor advises us to expose ourselves to the sun before 11 am and after 4 pm and, of course, to do so gradually. The hours in which the sun is most dangerous are those that are between 12 and 15 hours.
7. Although we apply protection factor, the skin will tan. There is a false belief that if we apply protection factor we will not get dark, but it is false. According to Dr. Adriana Ribé, creams with a protective factor allow us to tan but in a healthy and continuous way avoiding burns and getting a more natural and beautiful tone, and also more durable.
8. The sun also affects us in the city. There are people who simply use sunscreen when they go to the beach, but the doctor warns that it is just as important to put sunscreen when you walk around the city, you are going to drink something on a terrace, etc. In short, we must protect ourselves whenever we expose ourselves to the sun, regardless of the place.
9. After sun exposure, it is very important to apply moisturizers with aloe vera, that moisturize the skin, repair it and manage to maintain the tan longer.
10. Exfoliate the skin while showering once a week. In this way, dead skin cells will be eliminated and tanning will be on the healthy skin. This will also help keep the skin tanned for longer.